Clarissa Johal: Tangled Tuesday-Making #Art

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tangled Tuesday-Making #Art

Several of my friends are on Etsy. They are all very talented and create very different art. My hat is off to all of them. I am not an artist--unless you count words. I can draw a stick figure, I can glue Popsicle sticks together in semblance of...something. But I am not an artist.

If you're looking for something unique as a gift or for yourself, please peruse their shops. Etsy is a treasure trove of talented artists.


NewCroneCraftworks
Meg Kempert of Albuquerque, NM

Favorite Materials: Recycled paper and glass, beads, wire, glass cabs, seed beads, copper and brass.

About:
"Welcome to New Crone Craftworks. We offer handmade jewelry and craft kits using recycled and upcycled materials such as paper, wire and glass. New Crone is also on Facebook"

************************************

SoleilEtCiel
Carly Johnson of Huntington Beach, CA

SoleilEtCiel is also on Instagram @soleiletciel
Carly is also co-owner of peachygirlz on Etsy

About:
"In luv w/ fruit, glitter, 90's style, candy, clothes, music, & the ocean!!"

************************************

PortiasArtfulEye 
Portia Baum of Raleigh, NC

Favorite Materials: Ferrous and Non Ferrous Metals, Pearls, Diamonds,Stones, Cotton Fabric, Silk Thread

About:
"I am an Artist, Mother, Wife, Thinker, Creator. I care very much about the world around me, be it my home, hometown, homeland, home planet or beyond. I am like a Raven and get very distracted by shiny and interesting things. It took me a long time to figure out where I am to be. It's perfect, though, because without the Journey, the destination means nothing. I have had a very interesting and educational Journey so far and it has prepared me well for where I am right now.
I love to observe and study and collect. Everyone says it, but it holds true - Nature is an endless source of beauty ingenuity & inspiration. My life, my training, is in Fine arts. My thought process and expression tend to be structure oriented. Figuring out and understanding the way things are put together, or even how they fall apart help me establish my place in the world. So here I find myself combining several life-themes - rocks, structure & a love of beautiful things. Jewelry. The perfect Storm. Enjoy."

**************************************

If you're connected via social networks please spread the news. In writing this post I was saddened to learn one of my artist friends had closed her shop. Not because her art wasn't awesome, but because she hadn't made a sale in a couple of months. It's very difficult to "get the word out" and reach buyers when you don't have a physical shop--things get lost in the virtual world of the internet. YOU have the power to change that with a little lip service.  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Heather R. Holden said...

Etsy's great! I always love to support artists there. How cool that you know a few people with Etsy shops! :)

Clarissa Johal, Author said...

Good for you, Heather! So many talented people there :)

Carol Browne said...

It's very important we support all our creative and artistic friends. We're all self-employed people trying to make the world a better place after all.