Clarissa Johal: Tangled Tuesday - #Haunted #Antiques #amwriting

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Tangled Tuesday - #Haunted #Antiques #amwriting

I love antique shops. More often than not, I end up "just looking" but there have been several occasions in which something has captured my attention and I must have it. My husband jokes not to bring back anything haunted. Well....you know how that goes.

I do believe objects can hold onto energy. There have been antiques I've been immediately drawn to, but there are others that, upon picking them up, I wouldn't take home if the shop owner paid me. Are they haunted? Maybe. I do tend to touch things a lot when I'm perusing, something I wasn't aware of until my daughters pointed it out. Once, I picked up a large metal urn that immediately made me feel depressed and sad. When I asked the shop owner about it, she told me it was an old burial urn. I have no idea why it was for sale, nor do I know if it still contained ashes. Suffice to say, the urn would not be coming home with me that day.

Just for fun, I decided to do a search on eBay for "haunted antiques."  As of today, there are 521 listed items. Whether these items are truly haunted or sellers cashing in on the current fascination with "all things haunted" is unknown. Personally, I'd never purchase an antique I couldn't touch first but it makes for interesting window shopping.

Here's the link if you're interested: eBay: haunted antiques.
Let me know if anything captures your fancy.


No comments: