Clarissa Johal: #MeatlessMonday - Pumpkin Bread #vegetarian #recipe

Monday, October 22, 2018

#MeatlessMonday - Pumpkin Bread #vegetarian #recipe

Fall has finally fallen in North Carolina!
Today is the perfect day for something warm and delicious.
This is an easy recipe, super delicious AND it's healthy ('cause that's just how I roll) 
Enjoy!

Pumpkin Bread

1-1/2 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. ground flax seed
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cloves
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
2 eggs
1/3 c. milk

Heat oven at 350F
Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray

Photo courtesy of TheDeliciousLife via Flickr
Mix flour, flax seed, baking soda, baking powder and spices in large bowl.
Whisk pumpkin, sugar, applesauce, eggs and milk in separate bowl. Pour over dry ingredients and gently stir together. Pour into loaf pan.

Bake for 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but
after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
Nonetheless, I'm definitely delighted I found it and
I'll be bookmarking and checking back often!

Clarissa Johal, Author said...

Welcome (or welcome back!) and thank you for stopping by :)