Clarissa Johal: #MeatlessMonday - Blueberry & Bulgur Salad #recipe #vegetarian

Monday, June 13, 2016

#MeatlessMonday - Blueberry & Bulgur Salad #recipe #vegetarian

Photo courtesy of Rachel via Flickr
We're having a very good blueberry season here in North Carolina. I have no problem eating them straight from the basket, but thought I'd look up some recipes using blueberries.  This one looked good, so I gave it a try. I altered the recipe to suit my tastes. If you don't like bulgur, quinoa would work too. Enjoy!

Ingredients

1 cup bulgur wheat
4 cups coarsely chopped spinach or kale
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese

Preparation
Photo courtesy of Bitki Etkisi via Flickr
Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Add bulgur and let stand for 20 minutes. Drain off any excess water and cool.
Stir in chopped spinach or kale, red wine vinegar, blueberries, pecans and feta cheese.

No comments: