Clarissa Johal: Thoughtful Thursday: You Don't Need to Write Like Shakespeare to Leave a Book Review

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Thoughtful Thursday: You Don't Need to Write Like Shakespeare to Leave a Book Review

Authors LIVE for book reviews. I don't think our readers know how important they are to us. Reviews get our books noticed. They keep our spirits afloat on those dark days when we feel like quitting. They're just...nice. So why do authors struggle to get them? Especially indie or small press authors. Our books sell, people seem to like them. Why doesn't that translate to hundreds of awesome book reviews? I asked a pool of readers and got the same answer. They didn't feel clever enough to write a review.

Huh???

That surprised me.. Authors don't need much, I swear. A couple of stars. A short, "I liked this book because..." It doesn't need to be an essay. Something like this:

"I liked this book because it was scary and kept me up at night."
"I liked this book because I couldn't put it down, I had to see how it ended."
"I liked this book because the characters were awesome."
"I liked this book because it had a pretty cover."

See? Painless. And it takes less than a minute. So, go on. Review a book you liked. You'll make an author's day.

If you're so inclined, here's the link to my Author Page on Amazon. If you've read any of my books, please leave a review! You'd make my day. 


No comments: