Clarissa Johal: Thoughtful Thursday-A Photo

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday-A Photo

Just one of my (older) photos today. This is Lightning, my daughter's 5th grade class hedgehog. And no, they don't make good class pets. I'm not a fan of class pets because, though the intention is there, they never seem to be cared for properly. Hedgehogs in particular require a lot of cleaning, space to run around, and veterinary care from a veterinarian that specializes in exotics.
They are awfully cute, though.

I'll scare you tomorrow, I promise.

2 comments:

Carol Browne said...

So cute. My friend has a hedgehog hotel in her shed and takes in tiny hedgehogs in autumn so they can overwinter in safety. They would be too small to survive otherwise. She releases them in Spring. I think this is a wonderful thing to do.

Clarissa Johal, Author said...

That sounds like the ideal situation for these little guys, Carol :)