Clarissa Johal: Tangled Tuesday-Guest Author Debra Robinson

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tangled Tuesday-Guest Author Debra Robinson

Clarissa, first I’d like to thank you for the opportunity to guest post on your blog.

I’m a musician, songwriter and author of paranormal fiction and non-fiction. And I’ve also been blessed or maybe cursed, with a psychic sensitivity that runs in my family. So, inspiration for writing in the paranormal genre comes from all around me.

My first book was published by Llewellyn Worldwide, sort of a psychic memoir.  
A Haunted Life: the True Ghost Story of a Reluctant Psychic is the story of my first haunted house. I may have been partly responsible for the disturbances there by inviting something in with an Ouija Board. I’ve honestly never really figured out what happened. Was it a poltergeist? Was it from the Ouija? Did my budding psychic abilities cause it, as some researchers believe? All I do know is that it scratched on my sheets while I was under the covers, touched me, locked me in the bathroom, and knocked on walls and ceilings to get my attention. It also made three years of my thirteen-year-old life a living hell. My mother didn’t believe in ghosts. So it wasn’t until she began to be awakened in the early morning by an old man bending over her face that she finally began to believe me. We moved soon after.

I’d never given the afterlife much thought before then. But after that house, this changed. My life path was forever influenced, and I began to study the paranormal. Psychic abilities, palmistry, tarot; I somehow needed to make sense of all I had witnessed. What were these terrifying things I’d never been told about? I realized then, I was on my own in a very frightening world.

I’ve also come to believe in good and evil. I’ve recorded an invisible “something” growling and spitting in an empty room, threatening a friend by name. This kind of evidence will simply no longer allow you to be a skeptic.

But because I’ve found so much evidence to support evil, I also believe in good, as a sort of balance to that. I’m a Christian, but I’ve found I’m too psychic for the Christian world, and too Christian for the psychic world. I’m stranded out here on my own somewhere in-between.

I try to help others when I can, but I avoid the readings I used to do. I had a large private clientele, and was hired by the big psychic hotlines. I now believe all this may have painted me with a large bull’s-eye. I now feel that by association, I lost my loved ones—an only child, a father—because of this. I want to hold on to the little I still have left, to believe in what’s good and stop attracting the evil I now know watches and waits. The best advice I like to give everyone is; stay in the light.

My new book will be out in September. The Dead are Watching: Ghost Stories from a Reluctant Psychic contains true tales of investigations and stories of real hauntings. My next three paranormal suspense titles, Sarah’s Shadows, Sarah’s Sight, and The Haunting of Black Tower Mansion, will be released by Permuted Press in 2015. 

Love and light, Debra Robinson
Author Website








BIO
Debra Robinson is an author, a psychic and a professional musician. She was born into a religious, though psychic family through her maternal line. Her ancestress was Alice Nutter, of the infamous Lancashire Witch Trials of England, who was executed by King James in August 1612.

Three years in a haunted house at a young age started Debra on her quest to understand the paranormal, leading to extensive studies in palmistry, tarot and her own clairvoyance. She lends her abilities to paranormal investigations, and lectures on palmistry and psychic abilities.

Debra has thriving careers in live performance and music publishing and has signed publishing contracts in Nashville and LA; and most recently a song from her catalogue was placed in the red band Matthew McConaughey film trailer (Killer Joe), directed by William Friedkin/The Exorcist.

Debra’s first book A Haunted Life: The True Ghost Story of a Reluctant Psychic published by Llewellyn Worldwide, tells the story of Debra’s lifelong battle with evil after accidently inviting something with an Ouija board. Her next non-fiction book of true ghost stories is slated for release September 2014, titled The Dead are Watching; Ghost Stories from a Reluctant Psychic. She recently signed a 3 book deal with Permuted Press for her fiction work, Sarah’s Shadows and the sequel, Sarah’s Sight, as well as The Haunting of Black Tower Mansion, to be released in 2015. She lives in Ohio, performing music regionally and writing in the off-season. 

THE DEAD ARE WATCHING:
Ghost Stories from a Reluctant Psychic 

Discover a reluctant psychic’s terrifying experiences with the paranormal 


A girl convicted of witchcraft in seventeenth century England stalks an ancestor in her sleep. The Children of Death turn an Ohio nursing home into a ghastly playhouse. A long-dead woman’s screams echo in the eerie silence of a decrepit graveyard. These true encounters with the dead will stay with you long after the last page is turned. 

In The Dead Are Watching, psychic Debra Robinson takes you inside her most frightening experiences with paranormal entities. Follow her exploration into the painful lives and often violent deaths of ghosts, spirits, and other bizarre manifestations. With detailed investigations and personal accounts from Debra’s haunted life, this compelling book will shed horrible light on the darkest mysteries of the spirit realm. 

Praise for A Haunted Life: The True Ghost Story of a Reluctant Psychic 


“If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to communicate with the dead, read this. It will blow your mind.” 
—John Kachuba, author of Ghosthunters 

“A venture into a woman’s life that takes you and holds you from the first typed word to the last page turn.”
—Sherri Brake, author of The Haunted History of the Ohio State Reformatory 

No comments: