Clarissa Johal: Thoughtful Thursday-Travel and Indecision

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday-Travel and Indecision

If you could go anywhere on the continent where would you go? That's the question my husband asked me last week. He does a lot of business travel and has enough miles to purchase an airplane ticket anywhere. And surprise! He's decided to give me that ticket for my 50th birthday. Yeah, my husband rocks. It seems like an easy enough thing for me to decide as I'm not a picky person. An awesome "me" vacation would consist of 1) ocean 2) cooler weather 3) a remote location.

However...

I'm overwhelmed with such a gift! There are SO many places I want to go--some for relaxation, some for sightseeing, and some for novel research. Novel research is pushing first in line but requires the longest airplane travel. I've changed my mind more times than I care to admit, even going as far as to tossing all the places into a hat and picking one. Yeah, that worked for maybe an hour until I started over-thinking it.

So far I've come up with:

Salem, Mass
Clyde Harbor, Maine
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Vancouver, B.C

I'm lingering at Vancouver, B.C because it's closest to where my novel in progress takes place. It requires 8 hours of airplane time, plus driving, plus a ferry ride out to where I want to go. Oh, and did I mention? I only have 5 days because July is a busy month for everyone. But shoot, I'll take it. I can do a lot in 5 days. I have the essentials: backpack, laptop, coffee.

I just need to make a decision...


1 comment:

Heather R. Holden said...

Wow, what a great gift! Sorry this decision is so tough for you to make, though. Good luck finally settling on a place--hope wherever you choose ends up being a lot of fun! :)