Clarissa Johal: Tangled Tuesday-You Know You've Played Too Much Skyrim When...

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tangled Tuesday-You Know You've Played Too Much Skyrim When...

...you write a post about it. Non-Skyrim players--walk away because this won't make a bit of sense to you. Skyrim players--grab a mug of Nord Ale and read on...

It's no secret that I'm a HUGE fan of Skyrim. It's the only Xbox game I play. I was lucky enough to Beta test the Elder Scrolls online game, which rocks, by the way. I'm not fond of playing online (I'd rather play solo for free) but the game is addictive and my character is a level 12 Nightblade right now. Saffron Faerieflame lives on!

I still play "old" Skyrim, though. I miss the gameplay and the option to have followers. My favorite followers are; Marcurio (his arrogant dialogue makes me laugh), Cicero (how could you not love an insane assassin with mother issues?), and Faendal (he was my first). Lately however, I've been favoring Teldryn Sero, a follower you can hire in the Dragonborn add-on. The only thing that bugs me about Teldryn is his headgear. You can't get it off. It's not that I'm obsessed with unmasking him (ahem) but I find myself mistaking him for an enemy. There are a series of things you can do to "trick the game" into unmasking him, and they may or may not work. One of my other characters did it, so I know it can be done. Underneath the ugly chitin headgear is kick-butt, mohawk'ed Dunmer with awesome face tattoos. Why would the creators go to the trouble if they hadn't intended him to be unmasked? It makes no sense.

One night, after my family had gone to bed, I managed to get Teldryn's headgear off and was elated--only to have him pull on another as soon as we entered a dungeon. In a fit of frustration, I killed him, yanked it off...and had to go back a couple of saves. Bad Teldryn, go sit in the corner. And bad me for killing my follower. After messing around with trying to up my pickpocket skills to 100, improving a set of Morag Tong armor, and trying every other roundabout thing I could find online, I realized it was 2am in the morning.
Yeah...hung my geeky head in shame and went to bed with a big fat L on my forehead that night.

Anyways...

If you haven't tried Skyrim Elder Scrolls online, it's fun. I wish they had made an Elder Scrolls VI you could buy outright, because at $14.99/month, I don't see me paying for it much longer. No matter, I always have my "old" Skyrim.
Look out, Teldryn. That headgear is coming off.


No comments: