Clarissa Johal: Thoughtful Thursday - Sex, Lies...and Facebook

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Thoughtful Thursday - Sex, Lies...and Facebook

I may be guilty of not enough coffee this morning but...

Please stop sharing ridiculous things on Facebook. You know what I'm talking about.


"Vaccinated Children Five Times More Prone to Disease Than Unvaccinated Children!" 
"Semen Is 'Good for Women's Health and Helps Fight Depression!"
"Facebook removes amputee photos!"
"People in Denmark are paid twice as much as Americans! America sucks!" 

There's this little site called Snopes. There, you can look up story headlines before sharing so you don't look uninformed. It takes two seconds. Or better yet, JUST LOOK IT UP. Stop reflexively pressing that "Share" button. It's a trap for sharing hoaxes, scams, rumors, urban legends, embellished truths, and flat-out lies.

And as an aside, nobody needs to read bad news. Seriously, why would you share that?

Rant over. Coffee now.

3 comments:

Debi said...

I hear you! and feel your pain! That is why, I have clever, creative, wise cracking, ONLY on my friend list, and security settings!! If I want wacko, I just need to watch our news, your news or go grocery shopping! My on line exsistance is my refuge from crazy! Mindful humans are RARE! and by the looks of social media....becoming ex stint fast!
Oh look! Almost cocktail time! xoxoDebi

Heather R. Holden said...

LOL, this makes me glad that I don't really use Facebook, other than to update a fan page for my webcomic. I get to avoid craziness like this... XD

Clarissa Johal, Author said...

lol Yes, some days it's like a constant steam of crazy, Heather. Thanks for stopping by, Debi :)