Spicy Quinoa Tacos
|Photo courtesy of Kelly Garbato via Flickr|
1 T olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 rib celery, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T ground cumin
1 T chili powder
1/2 tsp cayenne
1 - 15 oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 - 15 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 cup quinoa
1 carrots, diced
1 cup veggie broth
1 - 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
1 cup corn
12 - 6-inch tortillas (or taco shells)
1) Heat oil and add onion, celery. Cook 5 minutes until soft
2) Add garlic, cumin, chili pepper, and cayenne. Saute for 1 minute
3) Stir in both cans of tomatoes with liquid. Cook 2 minutes. Stir in quinoa, carrots and broth.
4) Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med-low and simmer 20-25 minutes, or until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed.
5) Mix in chickpeas and corn
Serve in taco shells or warm tortillas. Top with sliced avocado and salsa.