Clarissa Johal: #MeatlessMonday - Zucchini Brownies #dessert

Monday, June 29, 2015

#MeatlessMonday - Zucchini Brownies #dessert

I'll be the first to admit--I'm not a fan of chocolate. Vegetables, yes, chocolate, no. I'll hang my head in shame now. When I announced to my chocolate-loving teenagers that I would be using them as guinea pigs taste-testers of a brownie recipe which included vegetables, there were...protests. I believe one of the comments were, "Why would you ruin perfection??!" There were other comments, but I won't write them here.
The verdict?  "Pretty good, actually!" 

Enjoy!


Zucchini Brownies 
Photo courtesy of Sarah via Flickr

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups grated zucchini
1/2 cup cooking oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions

In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, salt, soda, cocoa, and sugar. 
Combine eggs, zucchini, oil, and vanilla; blend into dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.
Coat a 8X10 glass dish with cooking spray. Spread brownie batter evenly.
Bake in preheated 360F oven for 20-30 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.

No comments: