Clarissa Johal: Thoughtful Thursday-#Photography and How Not to Steal

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday-#Photography and How Not to Steal

As some of you may know, I'm an amateur photographer.


I take pretty pictures like "Seraph"



Surreal photos like "Masques"
   



Creepy photos like "Body Snatcher"




...and don't forget my Victor series.

"Rules are for Chumps" is my favorite-Victor gets out of hand sometimes.





But I suck at taking pictures of food which is why I sometimes borrow public domain photos for my blog. I'll always cite the photographer in this case.

If you're using a photo in your blog or elsewhere, make sure you have permission to do so. The photographer can sue you for stealing. Photography is an art and you want to give credit where it's due. I would love to see more people on Pinterest cite the photographer when they "pin" a photo. It takes but a moment to check a link or drop the image in TinEye and figure out where it's from.

If you don't know where to get photos you can usetry these Public Domain Image sites. They're my go to's if I need a food photo or don't have time to take my own. In all cases, please cite the photographer!

Morguefile
Flickr  *Use the drop down License menu to select Creative Commons Only option.

I have a photography portfolio on deviantART if you want to check it out.
Join me on Facebook too. I post a lot of my silly photos there.


No comments: