Clarissa Johal: Hello 2016...I'm a bit late to the party

Monday, January 18, 2016

Hello 2016...I'm a bit late to the party

I hope everyone had a great holiday and is getting back into the swing of things. January definitely got off to a not-so-fab start with the death of two of my favorite performers; David Bowie and Alan Rickman. I never knew them personally, but their loss will be felt. Yesterday, I popped in a Bowie CD, only to be reminded of the fact that he was gone and we wouldn't be blessed with new music.


In spite of that, this year is looking up. The Island and Voices both hit the best seller lists on Amazon. Struck was accepted for a re-release by my publisher, Booktrope. I'm very excited, as it will have a fresh edit and cover art. This was in conjunction with Poppy, also accepted by Booktrope. Stay tuned
the release date for Struck is March 21st and Poppy is TBA.

After both these novels have been set free, I'll finish up a dark fantasy paranormal tentatively titled Whispers in the Wood. In February, I'm attending a Supernatural convention and geeking out with my daughter. Summer sends me to Vancouver Island, British Columbia, my old stomping grounds. Once fall hits, I have a writing trip half-planned. There's a little idea percolating in the back of my head and I'm eager to give it wings. I'm looking for a remote lighthouse to stayhaunted would be a plus. Easy enough, right? Apparently not, I've yet to find the perfect place.

On a personal level, I'm in my third series of trapeze classes and loving it. This move is appropriately called "The Coffin." Considering the neck bruising involved, I would rename it "The Hangman." I'm still working on "The Iron Cross" and something insanely crazy called "The Lotus." The fun and fancy moves are the most brutal!

Apologies for the lack of blog posts lately. I'm in edits, writing and working hard. I may be a bit late to the party, but bring it on, 2016!


No comments: