Clarissa Johal: #Paranormal Wednesday-The Ghost in My Machine

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

#Paranormal Wednesday-The Ghost in My Machine

My car is possessed by a ghost. Laugh if you will, but it's true. It all started one evening while I was chit-chatting with a friend and lingering over good-byes after coffee. As many times as I unlocked the door to leave, the door would lock itself again. This happened over and over until I finally gave up. I manually unlocked the door, got in and drove away--only to have the door lock itself again. 

The other night, I was parked near the woods and got spooked by a noise. I hurried to my car and tried not to trip over my own feet in the dark. My interior lights turned on even before I pulled my key out. How thoughtful.

My CD player clock numbers have completely faded on my side of the read-out. Consequently, it's usually :13 o'clock or :26 o'clock, which can be a bit confusing. My husband tried to replace the built-in clock with a portable one--only to have it stop working within a week. My ghost evidently doesn't like to be kept on a schedule.

There are times the readout on my dash will brighten to a glare, but that tends to happen only when I'm singing. I guess the ghost doesn't like my singing. Everybody's a critic.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm not alone in my car. The feeling will be so intense, I'll have to pull over and check the back seat and trunk. It's kind of stupid but...  There have also been times when I'll feel a kick and the sensation of someone's foot running up and down the back of my seat.

None of the electrical issues are consistent or I would have them checked out at the dealership. It depends on my ghost's mood and the situation. So for now, I appease the ghost by not spending too much time on good-byes after a coffee date, not staying out after dark, not bothering with a schedule, and definitely not singing.

No comments: