Clarissa Johal: Thoughtful Thursday-Coming Out of the Paranormal Closet

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday-Coming Out of the Paranormal Closet

Photo courtesy of Penywise via morgueFile
I may just get the eye-roll here, but here goes. I believe in ghosts. Which kind of sounds like I just admitted to believing in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, and I don't. But then again...

There's an awful lot of paranormal shows on television that seek proof of ghosts. Any proof. A tiny sound, the small movement of a curtain, a degree drop in temperature. It kind of makes me laugh because I feel it's unnecessary. I don't need "proof" that ghosts exist--I know they do. Why do they need proof? What happens once they get it? What then? I long to go on these shows and point, "There, there and there! Don't you see them?" But that's another story.

Ghosts were people. People with issues, people without issues. People that want to move on, and some that don't. I have yet to understand "other" paranormal entities (non-ghosts, if you will) but again, they are what they are.
My kids don't understand why I'm unafraid of ghosts and other entities. I write about the paranormal. It's meant to scare and to cause thought, but it's fiction. Rarely have I ever come across activity that's scary. It is what it is. Accept it, and it becomes part of the normal world.
Which doesn't mean I won't try and scare you, because I delight in that.

2 comments:

Heather R. Holden said...

I believe in ghosts, too, so you won't see any eye-rolling from me!

Clarissa Johal, Author said...

Oh good! haha :)