Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie
Bisto gravy mix (1-1/2 cups gravy)
|Photo courtesy of Kent via Flickr|
1/4 cup sour cream
3 carrots, sliced
1/2 large rutabaga, peeled and diced
1 cup vegetable stock
1 onion, diced
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 cup chopped spinach
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1/2 bag Morningstar vegetarian crumbles
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1) Bake pie shell according to directions. Make 1-1/2 cups Bisto gravy according to instructions. Set both aside.
2) Peel and sliced potatoes. Place in pot of boiling water and cook until tender. Drain. Add sour cream, milk and butter. Mash with potato masher. Set aside.
3) Simmer diced rutabaga in vegetable stock until tender. Drain.
4) Sauté onion and garlic in separate fry pan. Add vegetarian crumbles and mushrooms. Sauté until mushrooms are tender. Add drained rutabaga, carrots, gravy, spinach, salt and pepper. Heat through.
5) Fill baked pie shell with vegetable/gravy mixture.
6) Top with mashed potatoes and shredded cheddar cheese. Make sure mashed potatoes are "sealed" at the edges.
7) Bake at 375F for 30 minutes.