|Photo courtesy of Alpha via Flickr|
1-1/2 oz butter
1 medium onion, sliced
1-1/2 lbs parsnips, peeled and finely diced
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
2-1/2 pints vegetable stock
5 fl oz cream
Salt and pepper to taste
paprika to garnish
1. Heat the butter in a large pan, and saute the onion and parsnip together for about 3 minutes.
2. Stir in the curry powder and cumin and saute for another 2 minutes.
3. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer (covered) for about 45 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
4. Cool slightly. Use a draining spoon to place the vegetables in a blender, add a little stock and puree until smooth.
5. Return to the pan. Adjust seasoning and add the cream. Reheat to serving temperature but do not boil. Serve sprinkled with paprika.