Clarissa Johal: Frightening Friday-Behind You

Friday, May 2, 2014

Frightening Friday-Behind You

Photo courtesy of Seemann via Morguefile
You've probably experienced it before--that feeling of someone standing behind you...when there isn't. Even though there's nothing visible there, you find yourself glancing over your shoulder repeatedly. Are you feeling the need to check now? Go on. I won't tell.

I'm sure there's a scientific explanation for it, but no matter. Someone is standing behind you and there's not a darn thing you can do about it. Now, they're following you up the stairs. And now, into the bedroom. Aaaand....yep, the bathroom too. Sorry. You may want to make that shower a short one. And cover your naughty bits too.

So, when does this feeling happen the most? For me, it's when I'm writing. I always feel like someone is standing over my shoulder, reading my "stuff." I hate that. I don't even let my family read my "stuff" before it's published. But the feeling is there and I've learned to live with it.

When do you have that "look behind you" feeling?

2 comments:

Heather R. Holden said...

I definitely have moments where I feel like I'm being watched, too. Not sure anything specific triggers that feeling, though. It's just kind of random!

Clarissa Johal, Author said...

That would make writing much easier, lol. Thanks for stopping by, Heather :)