Clarissa Johal: Tangled Tuesday - #Paranormal #Cat Fur and the #Dog Days of Summer

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Tangled Tuesday - #Paranormal #Cat Fur and the #Dog Days of Summer

Summer is here! The teens are off from school and at Day Two, already bored. My latest book, Whispers in the Wood is proving to be quite the challenge to finish. That said, my goal is to finish it by the end of the year. My characters are already complaining I've put them on hold during the day, but I find it impossible to write with other people around. Unfortunately, that leaves the wee hours of the morning and late, late nights when my brain is babbling weird crap that makes no sense.

Another summer event is that my dogs and cats go out of their way to shed extra hard. I keep thinking they'll eventually go bald. C'est la vie, it's always house cleaning day. While sweeping up their offerings, I noticed that fur is quite paranormal in nature. Here's why:


Spiritual Attachment - It will attach itself to you and nothing short of an exorcism can get it off. Be forewarned.

Full-Bodied Apparitions - It hides under your bed and drifts out when you least expect it.

Feelings of Being Touched - Usually around the face and nose.

ESP - Black fur is especially sensitive to white clothing, while white fur is drawn to black clothing. I can only attribute this to the fact that fur must be psychic.

Reincarnation - Fur is reborn even after you brush it away. Fur is eternal.

Feelings of Dread - Usually experienced on house cleaning day.

Orbs - Fur appears "front and center" in photographs. Every. Time.

Unexplained Odors - Coming from the dog bed. Even after you wash it. Twice. 

I've tried salting and saging my house but the fur keeps returning, more powerful than ever. Crystals are next but I've never had luck with those.

2 comments:

Heather R. Holden said...

Hahaha! As a dog owner, I can relate to this too well. (My dog sheds a lot, too. I even find her fur in places she's never been anywhere near, like my keyboard. XD)

Also, best of luck with Whispers in the Wood! Hope it finally starts becoming less challenging to complete...

Clarissa Johal, Author said...

Thank you, Heather :) And yes, fur in the keyboard--my favorite, lol