Clarissa Johal: Happy Spring Equinox! #amwriting

Monday, March 20, 2017

Happy Spring Equinox! #amwriting

A quickie post and a happy spring to you! In North Carolina, spring feels right around the corner. 

I'm sharing baby bunnies with you today. It seems like a fitting thing to do on the Spring Equinox! In 2011, I had the pleasure of helping to rehabilitate these guys - they were released back into the wild when they got big enough. (Mama bunny had unfortunately met with an accident or become prey.) Every time I go for a run in the nature park my bunnies were released, I think of them. I hope they grew up and had baby bunnies of their own.

On the writing front, I've been spending a lot of time in my local forest to immerse myself in my character's world. You've heard of method actors? I'm what you'd call a method author. I like to experience what my characters would experience. Whispers in the Wood is coming along in fits and starts, largely due to the fact that I've been unable to get away for a writing retreat. Hopefully, that will happen soon. The book will be worth the wait, so please stay tuned! I'll leave you with the blurb, in case you missed it...

Whispers in the Wood
A paranormal dark fantasy

It all began with an acorn.

There are some places you shouldn’t disturb, places where history lingers. When Rowan travels to England, she finds a remote village, hidden in the shadow of an ancient forest. Vague warnings from the local people aren’t enough to stop her from venturing into the trees, or from picking up a single acorn. It seemed a simple action. But when a stranger emerges from the forest claiming the acorn belongs to him, Rowan finds herself pulled into something both centuries old, and deadly.

No comments: