Clarissa Johal: #MeatlessMonday - No-Bake Fudge-Oatmeal Cookies #summer #dessert #recipe

Monday, August 3, 2015

#MeatlessMonday - No-Bake Fudge-Oatmeal Cookies #summer #dessert #recipe

I'm not a fan of chocolate (yeah, yeah) but I have to say, these cookies are good.  This recipe has been in my family for many, many years (though I've seen it elsewhere). I call this a "summer cookie," because they require no baking in the oven, and they they take minutes to prepare. Enjoy!

No Bake Fudge-Oatmeal Cookies

2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix oats, peanut butter and vanilla. Set aside

1/2 cup milk
1/8 tsp. salt
2T cocoa
2 cups sugar

Mix milk, salt, cocoa and sugar in saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute.
Here's where you must be quick, little grasshopper! Add to the oatmeal/peanut butter mixture and stir. QUICKLY drop on wax paper and let stand until firm.

No comments: