|Photo courtesy of brookenovak via Flickr|
This week, I've found a sorta-kinda solution: Claritin with a 1/2 shot of nasal spray. Soooo, Claritin makes me jittery. Like, really jittery. No coffee needed because (hooray!) I have Clariton to keep me awake. And because of the dreaded "rebound effect," I can't use the nasal spray for more than 3 days. What's an author to do?
Here are my five simple solutions to spring allergies. Let me know if they work for you.
1) Move to Antarctica I've never considered moving south, but I hear the penguins are lovely this time of year. And with 0 permanent residents, I can't go wrong. I'll have enough quiet time to churn out novel after novel.
2) Hermetically Seal Myself from Head-to-Toe Amazon sells a vacuum sealing system for a mere $69.50. Of course, it's only big enough for cutlets, but I'm sure with a bit of convincing, Foodsaver could be talked into upgrading their model.
3) Exorcise Each and Every Plant Cast out the demons. Pollen be gone! The power of winter compels you! The power of winter compels you!
4) Condoms Every plant gets one. Yes, yes. I realize that means nothing reproduces. Whatever.
5) Burn it with Fire Torch every single tree because it's the only way. Oh chill. I'm just kidding.
Excuse me while I OD on nasal spray and run a marathon like Speed Racer.