|Photo courtesy of april-mo via flickr|
1) Do something physical. Your brain can't be creative and spit out "stuff" if you're catatonic in your chair. Muscles need to move. If you're stuck in an office, buy a mini-trampoline and keep it in the corner for jumping breaks.
2) Play. Jump rope, do cartwheels, build a fort, blow bubbles--you know, all those fun things you used to do as a kid but don't now because you're a boring grown-up.
3) Visit a factory. See how something is made. Candy factories are awesome.
4) Learn something new. Take a tap-dancing class if you like noise, a fencing class if you like swords, or a painting class if you like art. It always makes me sad when I hear people say, "I've always wanted to..." but they haven't.
5) Stomp grapes at a vineyard. While you're there, take a winery tour and see how wine is made. Next time you buy a bottle, you'll truly appreciate the crafting that goes into it.
6) Build a bird or bat house. Hang it in your backyard or donate it to a local recreation center or garden.
7) Rent a paddle boat, house boat or kayak and take off for the day. Find a secluded spot and go skinny dipping.
8) Do you paint using watercolors? Buy some clay. Work with numbers all day long? Finger-paint a picture. Write romance? Try writing science fiction.
9) Plan and cook a meal using a one color palette. For example; a cheddar omelette with corn, butternut squash and saffron toast. End the meal with a lemon tart and an apricot screwdriver.
10) Juggle--it's okay if you drop them all!
11) Fly a kite
12) Take public transportation to some place random. Get lost and wander. It's okay, you will find your way home again.
13) Rent a Ferrari for the day. Go for a drive. Feel like a rock star.
I see you still sitting there. Don't make me come get you.